My modded screens!
I had problems with positioning one of my screens,
so I substituted its foot with a new custom one!
And I also wanted to have that other screen sideways
for easier reading and programming, so I made a custom
support for that one too!
There was no space for this screen's foot, because the wall
and the hole in the table were in the way. I made a wooden one
that fits perfectly! It is also extremely strong compared to
the original thing!
I don't like wiggling screens! On the picture below,
you can see it from behind. You can also see the LEDs I added
to the back of the screen; these are powered by my computer's
power supply, so they automatically turn off together with the computer!
Here you can see how it's attached, I used the original attachment screw holes!
Notice the gap! The screen tilt is still adjustable, just like on the original!
And here's the big one! I was able to make this
because I have a jigsaw now, it was a really fun project!
It's attached to this screen (TV) on the screen's wall attachments,
with some 3D-printed spacers in-between.
There are some excess holes on the wood because these
are actually pieces of my old bed, hihi.
I think this came out really nicely, it fits the room!
One unintended side effect of turning my screen sideways
is that it also takes up less space on the desk! Yay!
Tip: click on images for full size!
Because this TV already had overheating issues
and because it was probably not designed to be sideways,
I added an internal fan in the TV which is powered by
the TV's power supply and controlled by one of the
levers on my little control board. I'll use that on
hot days, hopefully it'll be fine!
And while at it, I wired one of those big red buttons
to the TV's power button, because the real power button
is kinda awkward, and the TV remote even more. Also,
big red buttons get extra points for awesome!
The other big red button is my computer's power button,
and the remaining levers are light switches. They're all
very handy, I like having my commonly used controls
nicely accessible like that! Below you can see the control
box from the inside, it's a bit messy because I intentionally
made the wires too long. Long wires are a good idea,
they're more fail-proof and future-proof!